Sunday, August 25, 2013

Etude House Color Me Nude & Gradient Lips tutorial



Hi there !
 I'm still as eager as always to post my review everytime !



So recently there's this very In-thing among the koreans
called the " Gradient Lips " or they call it " Bitten lips " too.
which looks somehow like the pictures below ( Not mine )








O M G Isn't it gorgeous?!?
 I fell in love almost immediately.
And so I went youtube and watched some videos .
Some people make it so complicated with sooooo many layers to apply.
Oh come on ! 
 I'm telling you now, 
All you need is 3 simple steps.



But before we start, 
there's one thing that is very important to make the gradient lips a success 
which is a Lip Concealer !
So what I'll be reviewing today will be the Color Me Nude from Etude House.


Etude House Color Me Nude

Swatch

What is a lip concealer ? Why do I need it?

Basically a lip concealer is like a cream to cover up your natural lip colour 
in order to really bring out the colour of your lipstick. 
Or some girls like nude lips 
so they can just wear this and coat it with a gloss and they're ready to go.
( I once wore just the lip concealer out and my friend thought I was sick because I looked so pale lol )



The funny thing is that I actually bought this product like 4 years ago
and I used to really hate it ( due to wrong application and I really didn't now when to use it)
And only now I'm starting to fall in love with it. 
Anyway I got it for about less than RM20 if I'm not mistaken ???




Alright let's get started first.



The bare lips ( with lip balm applied )


Very lightly dap the lip concealer onto your lips . Then , blend it with your fingers ( this is super important )


Done. You can see that the coverage is pretty good.

Okay now proceeding to the tutorial of the Gradient lips.
I'm gonne be using the Tony Molly Water Jelly Lip Tint in Pomegranate.
( This was like the first product I did a review on on my blog.
 If you wanna read it, scroll down to the bottom on the side bar on your left ! )


And using this ....

Dap only on the inner part of your upper and lower lips.

Then blend it with your fingers.


Alright you're almost done ! Now add a coat of clear gloss and you're done !


Remember to use a clear gloss.
DONE ! As simple as that .

(:
I am madly in love with this gradient lips thingy, it's like a freaking genius.




Pros :


Color Me Nude has a very creamy consistency ,
making it easy to apply.


No frangance.


Good coverage.


One tiny lip concealer can last you a veeeeeery time long
 because you don't need to apply alot of them each time.
So I guess it's a good investment.




Cons :

Might be drying to the lips.


Will sink into the lip lines 
and it can look so so so ugly.
That's why it's so important to just dap a small amout on your lips
 and blend it with fingers instead of swipping it on like a normal lipstick.
Oh, lip balm prior to it is a must too !



Would I repurchase?

It's a good product , but I guess I won't because I'd want to try something new (:











Hope you've learnt something new today. Good luck (:






To buy from Amazon, simply click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment